Why Become a B Consultant?
If you are a consultant or individual looking to work with businesses to improve their social and environmental impact, the B Consultants program will provide the skills you need to navigate the B Impact Assessment, B Corp standards, and the B Corp Certification process. This program will help you:
- Signal your credibility;
- Deepen your expertise;
- Offer networking and resource-sharing opportunities between B Consultants across the U.S. & Canadian market.
Program at a Glance
The B Consultants program is for consultants and individuals in the U.S. & Canada region who are providing services to businesses that are interested in using business as a force for good.
B Consultants do not need to work for a B Corp, but a familiarity with the B Impact Assessment and the B Corp movement is beneficial.
During the training, participants will learn deep, market-specific insight into:
- Navigating the B Impact Assessment for various-sized companies;
- Understanding the standards;
- What to expect when your clients are ready to submit;
- How to help your clients embed B Corp and find the most value in their certification;
- Best consultant practices from experts in this work.
A Closer Look at the B Consultants Program
You may be wondering what your time commitment to the program will be. Each consultant is required to complete 1 — 1.5 hours of weekly self-paced online modules, an optional 1-hour bi-weekly Q&A session, and a final 4-hour virtual workshop.
Complete the Online Learning
Using the online platform, Thinkific, participants will undertake five weeks of learning on their own time. Each week requires approximately 1—1.5 hours of online training, complemented by bi-weekly optional Q&A sessions. The content includes:
- Inside the Global B Corp movement;
- Using the B Impact Assessment to dive business improvements;
- Understanding impact business models (IBMs);
- Understanding and selecting the appropriate track selection; and
- Marketing and delivering services using the B Impact Assessment and B Corp Certification.
Attend the Workshop
In the final week of the program, participants attend a 4-hour interactive workshop featuring case studies, a panel discussion and more.
Sit for the Exam
At the end of the workshop, participants will sit for the timed exam. Each participant will have up to two opportunities to take and pass the exam.
If you work for a B Corp: $1,200
If you don't work for a B Corp: $2,200
If you work for a non-profit or university: $600
|If you work for a B Corp: $1,200|
|If you don't work for a B Corp: $2,200|
|If you work for a non-profit or university: $600|